Saturday, May 21, 2011

In the beginning....



In the begin stages of my metalheadness it started off with the older metal courtesy of my sweet boyfriend, to ease into it if you will. Basic influences were Metallica and Iron Maiden. With each passing year I sunk deeper and deeper into the metal pool and became more and more a metal head at heart. At some point with Within Temptation I got into buying myself a Goth metal compilation CD which led me to Nightwish.

The portal Nightwish and goth metal then led me to look into Lacuna Coil amongst other things, Epica, and then on into the more tough stuff later on, a place I lingered at for quite some time before being exposed to tougher stuff less than a year ago.

One of my brushes with tougher stuff was when I came across Slipknot and a personal all time favorite, Opeth. And from there darker and tougher it went... ^^

Here in the continuation of this little blog you will find posts about bands / CD's / concerts that I liked and that I want to share. Beware that the contents will constantly vary between the 'easy listening' stuff and the hard-to-reach depths of darkness within black metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment