Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mot Fjerne Land....


Through the vastness of the sea, the vikings of the Nord and the mythologies come Leaves' Eyes. At first when I listened to this band as my brother's recommendation - I was a Nightwish fan - I found Liv Kristine's voice way too soft for my liking, so I lay it aside.

Took me a while to get into Leaves' Eyes but when I first started listening to them I was playing World Of Warcraft and that's the image I still have in my head when I hear them now. Same goes for my fiancee who also has created this image to go along with the music from Leaves' Eyes. I see the landscapes of Azeroth ^^

No seriously, Leaves' Eyes are very different in style than any other symphonic, female fronted metal band. Their songs are about vikings and mythology and simply very enchanting. I almost saw them live on 18 Nov 2009 but I got the flu in that week so I had to pass. Hope to see them live soon though.

They've just released their album Meredead which is again a totally different angle than they have gone into before, but it rocks nonetheless... It seems like they have mellowed down a bit but the typical Leaves' Eyes style is definitely there!

No comments:

Post a Comment