Saturday, May 21, 2011

The "Opeth" Experience


For something that started off really easy and calm, with the album Damnation, I was completely not aware of the 'real' Opeth sound at first.

Damnation was part of a 2 album release in 2003 of which the other, Deliverance, I have yet to check out. Damnation is a really calm, non-grunts album which spews tranquility and easy-listening mellow darkness around, but without the sound in it that would shake me at a later stage.

Damnation has grown on me as it's such an easy listening CD, that you can almost have it playing the entire day without it getting boring or annoying.
So at one point my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to take a leap into the undiscovered metal kind of Opeth, which later turned out I liked even better...

Watershed brought along some of my favorite songs, like Heir Apparent, Lotus Eater, Porcelain Heart, Burden, Hessian Peel... Hell this entire album is a favorite of mine... And with a new album that is in the making I am really curious about what the new release will bring. According to sources Opeth front man Ã…kerfeldt is writing new stuff...

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment